Eggplant is one of most favorite dishes in the Middle eastern cuisine. It is incredibly versatile, easy to make and delicious. This roasted eggplant with date syrup is a little sweet and it pairs perfectly with pomegranate seeds and parsley.
- 1 eggplant cut in half
- pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- 3-4 tsp date syrup
1. Preheat oven for 400 F
2. Make diagonal cuts on the flat side of eggplant
3. Mix olive oil with salt, pepper and garlic and spread on the flat side of the eggplant
4. Top eggplant with 1.5 tsp of date syrup.
5. Bake flat side down for 40 minutes to 1 hour ( if the eggplant is large) or until soft and wrinkly.
6. When ready, let it cool off a bit and then place on a serving plate.
7. Top with chopped parsley and pomegranate seeds and drizzle with the rest of date syrup.
8. Serve warm and enjoy this healthy and easy roasted eggplant!